cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject furious anger: portal broken
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:44:36 GMT
Hello,

I spent the whole day trying to figure out why after updating
Cocoon 2.1 the portal is broken.

When using  bookmark links  (BookmarkAction), everything  is fine.
But  when using  links  generated by  CopletTransformer, the  user
appears to be kicked off the portal (ie authentication credentials
are reset).

After many hours of debugging in Eclipse, we observed by chance that the
URL generated by CopletTransformer did not match the requested
server name:

We had:

http://localhost:8080/repons/portal/portal?cocoon-portal-event=116&...

Instead of:

http://vision/repons/portal/portal?cocoon-portal-event=116&...

In fact we are using Apache as frontend to our Cocoon application,
so the latest modifications to DefaultLinkService are not welcome!

I can read:

        info.linkBase.append(request.getScheme());
        info.linkBase.append("://");
        info.linkBase.append(request.getServerName());

This is perfectly wrong, because request.getServerName() returns
a piece of information only relevant within the local network
where the server lives, not for a public hypertext link.

So please, with sugar on top, revert your changes.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES