cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:46:13 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Arje Cahn a ?crit :
> >...How can I get Bugzilla to tell me what issues are scheduled to be
> >fixed for the next release?..
>
> Very easy: define an issue which represents the next release, and make
> it dependent on all issues that must be fixed. I use it all the time,
> with multiple levels to build a tree of dependencies, and it works
> great.

We used to do that at Cocoon. Not sure if it is still.

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ProjectManagement
e.g.
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=25320

However, those sets of queries are only useful if we
actively manage the issue base and do the linking and
classifying and fix-for-version and stuff.

Exactly the same will apply in Jira.

So i don't care which issue tracker we use.

-David