cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol switch in portals (was Re: furious anger: portal broken)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:00:06 GMT
Le 20 sept. 05, à 10:57, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> ...The LinkService accepts a boolean argument indicating if you want a
> secure link. If this is set to true then the service switches to https.
> As I said yesterday, we could create relative links if the procotol is
> not changed, but there are cases where we need absolute links...

There are other use-cases for absolutizing links: in one of my projects
we're sending a newsletter as an HTML email (only to users who want it
;-) and in such a case you need to absolutize all links in the
generated email so that the mail client gets correct URLs. The brute
force way is to configure the base absolute URL somewhere, but a
general mechanism might be useful.

Dunno if this is helps in this discussion, just wanted to point out
that this http/https thing is not the only need for absolute links.

-Bertrand