cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms: AJAX problem since update
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:09:53 GMT

On 26 Sep 2005, at 14:00, Jason Johnston wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Hi Sylvain and Jason
>> Yes, many thanks to both of you !!
>> This patch fixes the issue I had whereby a submit originating from
>> a  second widget, cause exceptions in the repeater.
>> The other issue was fixed by making sure TBU sent the continuation-
>> id  if one existed.
>> So both issues are solved, many thanks.
>>

> Very good to hear! :-)

Thanks for your work.

>> Who wants to commit the patch ? Sylvain are you happy to have me
>> do  this?
>>

> Sorry, I should have posted a note relating this thread to Bug
> 36808, where I posted the patch and Sylvain committed it.  So it's
> already in.

OK brilliant.

>> I am still trying to get an answer to some questions I have about
>> contributing the TimedBrowserUpdate stuff.
>> 1. Where should it be added? It's own block? Is some JS and a JX
>> Macro enough to justify a Block ?
>> 2. TBU currently has a dependency on CForms, as it needs the
>> DOMUtils  in cforms.js. Can we discuss a way to be able to share
>> the DOMUtils  JS between separate Blocks ?

I still have one outstanding issue.

While using Safari on MacOSX, when I get an update to a CForm (eg.
add a row to a repeater) spurious ASCII Control Chars are sent with
the Response. Unfortunately Safari draws them as little boxes,
Firefox sensibly ignores them.

This behaviour started with the new CForms from 2.2.

I am checking to see if the same thing happens with the CForms Samples.

Thanks

regards Jeremy