cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Creating a Bugzilla RSS feed using Cocoon
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:34:57 GMT
On 13 Sep 2005, at 11:19, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Sylvain Wallez:
>
>> Bugzilla provides iCal todo lists, not as versatile as RSS though.
>
> Bugzilla and RSS?  It is possible:
>
>     <map:match pattern="bugzilla">
>       <map:generate src="{request-param:url}&amp;ctype=csv"
> type="csv"/>
>       <map:transform src="xsl/bugzilla-csv2rss.xsl">
>         <map:parameter name="bugzilla" value="{request-param:url}"/>
>       </map:transform>
>       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>     </map:match>
>
> See http://svn.caraldi.com/trunk/www/webapps/portal/portal/
> sitemap.xmap
> and http://svn.caraldi.com/trunk/www/webapps/portal/portal/xsl/
> bugzilla-csv2rss.xsl

Hihihihi! Who do you think wrote the CSV generator in the very first
place?

The thing with having Jira to do it is that each one of us (without
running a Cocoon instance) can subscribe to a very own and
personalized feed of the bugs we're interested in directly, without
interfering with each other's work.

What I particularly like about Jira is the degree of personal
customization that it allows. Each user "profile" can have different
reports / filters, and for each of them one can decide what to do,
save it, have the report emailed on a regular interval, expose it as
a RSS feed, ... or (as my boss likes it) as an Excel file (luz3r!)

Plus, the view I like the most for long-ish term project planning, is
the "Roadmap" view, which is quite cool to view at what stage a
release is...

Overall, in my personal experience, it's a lot better than BugZilla,
but, hey, that's me.

     Pier