cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Creating a Bugzilla RSS feed using Cocoon
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:34:57 GMT
On 13 Sep 2005, at 11:19, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Sylvain Wallez:
>> Bugzilla provides iCal todo lists, not as versatile as RSS though.
> Bugzilla and RSS?  It is possible:
>     <map:match pattern="bugzilla">
>       <map:generate src="{request-param:url}&amp;ctype=csv"
> type="csv"/>
>       <map:transform src="xsl/bugzilla-csv2rss.xsl">
>         <map:parameter name="bugzilla" value="{request-param:url}"/>
>       </map:transform>
>       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>     </map:match>
> See
> sitemap.xmap
> and
> bugzilla-csv2rss.xsl

Hihihihi! Who do you think wrote the CSV generator in the very first

The thing with having Jira to do it is that each one of us (without
running a Cocoon instance) can subscribe to a very own and
personalized feed of the bugs we're interested in directly, without
interfering with each other's work.

What I particularly like about Jira is the degree of personal
customization that it allows. Each user "profile" can have different
reports / filters, and for each of them one can decide what to do,
save it, have the report emailed on a regular interval, expose it as
a RSS feed, ... or (as my boss likes it) as an Excel file (luz3r!)

Plus, the view I like the most for long-ish term project planning, is
the "Roadmap" view, which is quite cool to view at what stage a
release is...

Overall, in my personal experience, it's a lot better than BugZilla,
but, hey, that's me.

View raw message