cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Small nag for Eclipse
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:11:52 GMT
On 12 Sep 2005, at 14:07, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Pier Fumagalli schrieb:
>>
>>> I've noticed that when one works on Cocoon in Eclipse, and at a
>>> certain point issues a "./build.sh clean-dist", Eclipse
>>> complains  that its build directory is gone nowhere, and that
>>> somehow it can't  re-create it.
>>>
>>> I assume this is because the output directory for Eclipse is
>>> somewhere on a three-deep path (build/eclipse/classes), and when
>>> "clean-dist" removes the "build" directory, the baby gets confused.
>>>
>>> I change this every time in my "local.build.properties" to be
>>> ".eclipse", and that removes the problem, but I was thinking,
>>> would  it be all-right to change that in "build.properties" and
>>> ship it as  default?
>>>

>> If we change this, why can't we simply use the Eclipse default "bin"?
>
> "bin" could be too confusing: that's where scripts usually live.
> ".eclipse" is way better in this sense, momentarily giving idea
> that that's the place where eclipse crap lives...

I agree with Vadim... Most of the times when I check out projects
internally here, the "bin" directory is where all my scripts live
(kinda like ./bin/jetty.sh, blablabla - it's Unix standard).

I personally started using ".eclipse" because it's normally hidden
from "ls", like ".svn" is and describes exactly what's that for.

     Pier