cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: validation block: RELAX-NG, XML-Schema, any other languages required?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:01:33 GMT
On 8 Sep 2005, at 11:59, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> On 9/8/05, Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> wrote:
>> On 8 Sep 2005, at 10:19, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>>> On 9/7/05, Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> wrote:
>

>> If you want to use MSV, simply write a couple of "mocks" classes for
>> what you need, and from there you can build a MSVSchemaParser and a
>> MSVSchema you can use directly with the components provided within
>> the "validation" block. That should be straightforward to do. Someone
>> could do exactly the same for javax.xml.validation in JAXP 1.4 and so
>> on and so forth (actually, javax.xml.validation _is_ redistributed
>> with cocoon, I'll do something with it)...
>>

> ... javax.xml.validation *is* MSV ;-)

Whops... I thought you meant the MSV available from Sun here:

http://www.sun.com/software/xml/developers/multischema/

This is in package "com.sun.msv", and most definitely not
redistributable. :-)

The "javax.xml.validation" package is already in our SVN, so I don't
see any re-distribution issues tied to that one... :-D

     Pier