cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.8 (Was: Re: JING Transformer...)
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:36:00 GMT

On Aug 31, 2005, at 9:08 AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> My employer REQUIRES a stable forms framework, therefore I require a
>> Cocoon release with a stable forms framework.

Ralph, your employer is retarded!

Sorry, I couldn't help it :-)...

> [vadim] Remember, you are here as a person, as yourself, and not a
> representative of the organization voicing organization's concerns and
> desires. You are here to help grow and maintain community as a whole,

Ralph isn't trying to "represent" his employer in the Cocoon community.
  He's just saying that speaking just for himself it is a PITA for his
job that CForms isn't stable yet, because that prevents him from using
it.  I don't think Ralph's employer gives a rat's ass about the status
of CForms per se... all they care about is that no "unstable" stuff
gets used on their project, and if CForms is unstable that just means
he has to use something else (which is a PITA for him, but his company
doesn't care).  Ralph, is that an accurate portrayal?

>  and community currently needs more often releases much more than a
> stable cforms block (which is just a bit of software, at the end of
> the day).

+1 to that!

Cheers,
—ml—