cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r226493 - /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:36:17 GMT
Il giorno 01/ago/05, alle 15:24, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

> Tags with an @id is an essential piece of the Ajax stuff, which is
> based on partial updates of page areas found by their id.
>
> Your update removes the @id on the enclosing tag, and removes the
> placeholder that is necessary when no error exist to later replace it
> by something visible if error appear.

If I'm not mistaken, that instruction copied the "id" attribute of the
<fi:validation-errors> element, but I've never put an id attribute
there. Is it necessary to set an id to every <fi:validation-errors>
element in order for it to appear when ajax="true"? If this is the
case, now I know why my <fi:validation-errors> blocks don't render
anymore when ajax="true" :-/

Also, if this is the case, the <div> element should be output
regardless of whether there are validation errors or not, right?

Not that putting it back is a problem, I am just trying to understand.
The only real issue I had was with the <div> not having a class
attribute, but while I was at it, I tried to optimize away a useless
element and an empty attribute.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei