cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Past, present and future of the maven build
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 06:55:50 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 31.08.2005 09:16, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> IMNSHO it's not about Maven but about establishing correct build
>> dependencies. Maven is made in a way that enforces it, but it doesn't
>> mean that it's not correct.
>
> It's a problem of precondition vs. positive consequence. I'm not against
> fixing the issues in our code base (indepently on Maven or Ant), but I
> have a problem enforcing this step instead of encouraging it.

Discussions get forgotten, just code remains. Once it's done, will
anyone complain?

The real point is: "are you ok with this being fixed"? Remember that
it's a need of the project, regardless the build system.
Once you reply yes, the fact that Maven makes good use of it is not a
problem anymore, but a feature.

:-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -