cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Using Maven to build Cocoon
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:04:50 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hmm, don't know anything about this Loader class :) The above steps work
> for me. The loader class in our tools directory, so I guess you have to
> invoke the usual build script to get it compiled before. Have a look
> into tools/loader if there is a compiled version.

Invoking "build compile" before executing the maven targets made it work.

I also found out that it is sufficient (at this stage) to run the
"package" target to get the basic webapp working. So my steps, from a
fresh trunk checkout, were :

- build maven and install maven snapshot as described in [0] .
- in $COCOON_HOME do "build compile" to compile the Loader class.
- in $COCOON_HOME do "m2 package". This invokes the "package" target on
all configured modules in sequence, ie on core and webapp. You can tell
from the output :
[INFO] Building apache-cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
and later on :
[INFO] Building apache-cocoon:cocoon-webapp:war:2.2-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]

The main difference between "m2 install" and "m2 package" is that the
former installs the m2 build artifacts (ie the cocoon jar) in your local
maven repository. This is good when you are using cocoon in a dependent
project but is not necessary at the moment for developing.

[1] has more detailed information about packaging and binding goals to
lifecycle phases.

Regards
Jorg

[0] http://maven.apache.org/maven2/developers/building.html