cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Past, present and future of the maven build
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:16:30 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 30.08.2005 17:31, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> So to summarize, I would suggest that it would be a good idea for each
>> "component" - be it core or a block - to have api, impl, test and
>> samples projects.
>
> Did I mention that I hate tools needing changes in the subject they
> should work on to make them work? The above scenario and the other
> mentioned necessary restructurings were the reason why I ever were
> against a change of the build system to Maven.
>
> Ok, we really have a problem with our current build system. Nobody (me
> included) started with another solution like Ant 1.6 or similar. The
> Maven fraction started now to address the problem and I'm ok with it.
> The above rant probably just shows I'm a smart-ass ;-)

If you, or me, or anyone would have really gone deep in fixing the Ant
build system, we would have been forced to do the same restructuring.

IMNSHO it's not about Maven but about establishing correct build
dependencies. Maven is made in a way that enforces it, but it doesn't
mean that it's not correct.

:-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -