cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Using Maven to build Cocoon
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:37:25 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ok, let's start with a simple description on how to get m2 build running
> for Cocoon trunk. Actually, it's not that easy :)
>
> First you have to install m2 latest from SVN, the alpha-3 does NOT work
> for us! You'll find a description on how to do this here:
> http://maven.apache.org/maven2/developers/building.html
> (This will take some time and requires a network connection).
> (A beta-1 release is planned for the next week)
>
> Then you can build the cocoon-core jar by going into the
> COCOON_HOME/core directory and invoking "m2 install". For the first time
> this requires a network connection as well to download the dependencies.
>
> Then switch to the COCOON_HOME/webapp directory and invoke "m2 war:war"
> to build the webapp.
> Note, in the future, you will be able to invoke m2 directly from the
> COCOON_HOME directory and get a running webapp, but that's currently not
> working.

up until here everything went fine AFAICS. We should exclude svn files
from cocoon-core-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar though.

> Now you can startup Jetty. Set the JETTY_WEBAPP environment variable to
> COCOON_HOME/webapp/target/cocoon-webapp-2.2-SNAPSHOT and then start
> Jetty using "cocoon servlet".

I'm getting Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Loader. I take it this is a cocoon class, so it should be in
cocoon-core-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar but it's not.
Could it be there is a step missing in above writeup ?

Regards
Jorg