cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCR Block] Viewing content of properties and last modified
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:23:01 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have two questions re the JCR Block
>>>
>>> 1) How can one actually access the content of properties?
>>

>> You cannot access them directly with the JCRNodeSource, which is meant
>> to represent file-like abstractions which are mapped to nodes.
>

> wouldn't it make sense to actually implement this for JCR source?
> I mean extend it to JCR properties.

In my sandbox, I implemented InspectableSource in JCRNodeSource
(I already posted a message some time ago).

How do you imagine providing access to the properties?

Property getProperty(...) {
     return getNode().getProperty(...);
}

doesn't add much value ...

>> Now such a source, you can get the corresponding Node and then do
>> whatever you want with it.
>
> yes, I can list all nodes by using the TraversableGenerator, but I think it
> would make sense it the the JCR Source in combination with the
> "FileGenerator"
> would allow to get the content of a JCR property, e.g.
>
> <property name="" value="">
> </property>

That could probably be implemented using an "InspectableTraversableGenerator"
or something like that ...

-- Andreas