cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 07:15:16 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 08.08.2005 21:30, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Moreover, I don't see why go all religious on simple and (as it seems)
>> useful idea of XSLSerializer. We do have FOP, Batik, etc serializers -
>> why not Trax.
>
> I don't see how they compare.
>
> Furthermore there were reasons for not using xsl:output information, but
> putting it into serializer component declaration. Shall they no longer
> be valid?

Blocking others on implementing something that they will use, while you
will not use it and while this will not affect your usage, is always a
bad idea.

I have resisted for years in putting in features in the exception
handling in a similar way, only to find that afterwards they got
implemented without any real harm.

In the end, I just prevented others from doing something they wanted.
It was a bad thing to do.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -