cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 07:01:22 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> ... but I just wanted to expose the mental connections that I've
>>> been making last week: if we consider moving to Maven, this might  be
>>> the right time to do it, or at least try.
>>
>> Yep. +1!
>
> ...I know there are quite diverse feelings
> about the build system ...but I would love
> to see that happen.

I have always - and also at fault - criticized Maven as a build system.
That was Maven 1.

Maven 2 is an order of magnitude better, and has very good design
considerations. I think Cocoon must try using it now: if it works as it
should, it will be of great help. If not, it has been at least tried.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -