cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From BURGHARD √Čric <eric.burgh...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:51:41 GMT

> Of course serializers do transformations, you already wrote it: from SAX
> to bytes. But there is one important difference: The behaviour of a
> serializer (and at the end the output) is absolutely predictable. If you
> feed the same SAX events into a specific serializer you will always get
> the same result.

So the behavior of a transformer is not absolutely predictable ? If i feed
my xsl transformers with the same stylesheet and the same data, the result
is hopefully the same. I hope that predictability is a quality shared not
only among serializers but by all cocoon components ;-).

> And to come back to Antonio's absolutely correct interjection about the
> virtual serializers: This is the point were you can put together again
> the above mentioned additional transformer steps and the standard
> serializer.

He was just wondering if this thread was about virtual serialization. It's
not. XSLSerializer is a full featured serializer which can play the role of
a serializer in a virtual serializer if you really want to virtualize, but
what's the use of this extra step if i could do it in one, without bugs and
without breaking any pattern design ?

Regards.