cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <>
Subject Re: EHCache exception
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:46:41 GMT
On 8/12/05, Ralph Goers <> wrote:
> Thanks, Peter.  I suspected it was a corruption.  I didn't know the
> names of the files.  Frankly, I'm not even sure we need external caching
> enabled for this application. Will it provide any better performance
> than re-reading the original document?

It should, it normally stays in memory and only gets written to disk
at shutdown (or overflow). If you suffer a hard shutdown on Cocoon you
can get a corrupt cache and you get errors when there are attempts to
validate the on disk cache against the incoming objects.  A nice fix
would be only to issue one error then stop checking...

Only testing will tell you for sure if caching is worth it, for us it
makes a huge difference...

Peter Hunsberger

View raw message