cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Creating an intermediate object in binding
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:01:32 GMT
Il giorno 31/lug/05, alle 14:01, Leszek Gawron ha scritto:

>> I have defined a custom type and convertor for that. The convertor is
>> actually managed by Spring and populated with a DAO and the
>> convertor's factory returns the Spring-managed instance instead of
>> creating a new one.
> The convertor itself is spring manager or just the dao it holds?

Both.

> Do I get it right that you need to implement a separate:
>
> - dao
> - convertor
> - convertor builder
>
> for every domain object in your model?

Not really. I do it only for those types that are reused across many
forms and therefore warrant defining a datatype and convertor. At the
moment, we have developed datatypes for a bunch of "geographical"
objects like Town, Province, Country, that are used in all the forms
where you have to input an address. And we have a single "GeoDAO" class
for all entities of this kind.

In general, I would do this for every "datatype" that is implemented as
a look-up-table (key => value) in the database and is reused in more
than a couple of forms, or across more than one different project.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/