cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <a.c...@hippo.nl>
Subject [GT2005] Cocoon GetTogether 2005: Call for Proposals
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:04:57 GMT
Dear all,

This year's Cocoon GetTogether is coming near!

October 5,6,7th, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
http://www.cocoongt.org.

In 8 weeks time there'll be plenty of Cocoon talks, hacking, food, beers, laughs - everything
you've been waiting for since you left Ghent on October 12th last year...

We're very happy that we've got the change to host the GetTogether in Amsterdam this year
and we'll do everything possible to recreate the GetTogether's unique inspiring ambiance again...
On popular request this year extended with an extra hackathon day!

In the next few weeks we will spread all the details about the conference plan, logistics,
costs and the like. The details will be available at the official Cocoon GetTogether website
(http://www.cocoongt.org) as soon as possible.

For now, it's our pleasure to officially open the Call For Proposals phase.
We are looking for you to come on stage and talk about all things Cocoon. People who want
to present during the GetTogether are kindly requested to send in a presentation proposal.
Presentation topics will be screened for cluefulness, in the sense that we don't want any
commercial presentations.
Introductory, tutorial-like stuff into new or advanced topics are much appreciated though.
Please send in your presentation proposal to info at cocoongt.org - see below for a template
to help you in filling out a proposal.

Also, it might be good if we start thinking about how we'll be filling the two Hackathon days..?
Please jot your ideas down on the Wikipage: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2005Hackaton.

Finally, I want to thank the people that responded to Steven's request for assistence. Also
I'd like to send a big thanks to all the people that made the Cocoon GetTogether to such a
wonderful experience in the last couple of years! I hope we'll be able to provide you with
some extra sweet chairs this year ;-).

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL

Do not include proprietary or confidential material in your proposals.
We will assume that you do not consider any material included in the
proposals to be confidential. All conference presentations are
vendor-agnostic and should focus on technology. Your proposal should
contain the following information:

1. Proposed title for the talk/session/debate.
2. Brief outline or abstract of the talk/session/debate
    * Please be as concise as possible.
    * Please write in third-person context.
    * Please list any prerequisite sessions or knowledge you feel is essential.
    * Indicate, if applicable, if this is a beginning or advanced talk.
3. For all proposed speakers, include: speaker name, title, company, address, email, phone
number, fax and website.
4. Biography for the proposed speaker(s) showing relevant experience and qualification to
speak on the proposed subject matter (not to exceed 250 words).
5. Primary contact/founder name, title, company, address, email and phone number.

DEADLINE for proposal : September 2th, 2005

Proposals should be sent to: info at cocoongt.org.

All speakers are required to submit copies of their presentations before September 21st, 2005.
These presentations will be included in the conference notes. All presentations will be made
available after the conference in electronic (PDF) format.

Arjé Cahn, on behalf of the GT 2005 organising team.

----

Hippo

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam