cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Graham <intr...@gmail.com>
Subject Doktor Search Results Problem
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:30:50 GMT
Hello all,

I've solved several problems lately in the vein of making RefDoc a
success and I think that we are pretty close to having the system in a
form that is ready to publish documentation as it is intended. On the
road to this destination there are many bumps. One that has come up
recently I thought was worth getting some other opinions on.

Currently we have a pipeline that searches the index created from the
selected root folder. The searching and index are done with Lucene, in
Cocoon block form. The Lucene search returns only the top ten results.
Attributes of elements that point to how many others there are as well
as where and how to get at them are also included. The problem is
getting at the other results programatically. I'm not very familiar
with XSP, but I don't think it is the best solution. An aggregator was
my first thought, but you can't be guaranteed of a bounds for the
result set's size.

So the question is just an inquiry about the best way to grab each
page of results in turn and aggregate them into a single file for
processing with XSLT? I'm not sure if there is a simple solution to
this I don't see or if the best one is XSP or a Java class that grabs
the necessary URLs and puts them together.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Robert Graham