cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: 2.1.8 (Was: Re: JING Transformer...)
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:22:16 GMT
On 30 Aug 2005, at 19:06, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Just so you know, if Cocoon Forms is still marked unstable I'll be
>> voting -1.
> Does it mean Cocoon should go without release for a year? Would you
> still vote -1 if CForms is not marked stable after 2 years? 3?
> I don't get it. We should do releases *more* often, not less.

I agree wholeheartedly... My personal problem is that we don't
release often enough, and in maintaining my system, too many things
change from one release to another... 2.1.5 was released 2 years ago
now and that's what I use on production.

There are "non-trivial" changes, they do affect a lot the performance/
functionality of my sites, so, for me to switch to current head (or
latest release), I need to do a quite extensive test to see if it
actually works...

So far, what I've done is that internally I "forked" 2.1.5 and back-
porting certain fixes I need, that guarantees me a smooth (and well
known) upgrade path...

It'd be nice to have a release every month or two, with minimal
changes, so that one can easily spot what changes, and if something
breaks, identify easily what needs to be fixed...

So, even if cforms are still unstable, frankly, 2.1.8 shouldn't be
blocked by it at all...

Or am I the only one seeing it this way?

View raw message