cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.8 (Was: Re: JING Transformer...)
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:39:56 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> My opinion is that a community that releases software that it
> won't stand behind has a significant problem.

I think you just mis-interpreted semantics of the 'unstable flag'. See, actual
meaning is:

   unstable:
      Supported by the community, many people are working on it,
      expect frequent interface and implementation changes,
      new features and bugs.

   stable:
      Solid code with 3-years-old bugs and patches in bugzilla,
      nobody is working on it, interface and implementation won't
      change for foreseeable future.

   deprecated:
      stable code which stinks.

Once you grog this, you'd get that more often Cocoon releases will lead to
greater user community participation, more ideas will float, and active
developers move on to other blocks or features (such as OSGi and RealBlocks(tm))
sooner, which will result in abandoning of cforms and marking it as stable...

:-P

And seriously, I'd argue that your -1 on releases actually *delays* maturity of
cforms.

Vadim