cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:30:45 GMT
On 30.08.2005 10:20, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>That's exactly the idea. After all, we want to be able to have a core
>>that excludes samples. Easiest way to achieve that is to have the
>>samples in an excludable block.
>
> Hmm, moving samples into an own block is one thing (which I think we
> should really do), but for me it seems a little bit strange to have a
> Cocoon core, a Cocoon core samples block and an additional jxtg block
> while the cocoon core samples blocks depends on an additional one.

I don't agree. The so-called core blocks are just our default
implementations for functionality you need in webapps. But nobody should
be enforced to use them. So IMO it makes absolutely sense to base our
samples on them - but making them excludable easily.

> Like Vadim suggest, perhaps we can rewrite some of the samples and clean
> up the dependencies.

Where it is appropriate ...

> However, if you currently exclude all blocks, then the samples do not
> work which is imho really bad

Resulting from above I have no problem with it. For using Cocoon you
just need the core. For looking at form samples you obviously need a
form framework. Later you might switch to another form framework than
our default CForms. Then you obviously don't want to have it included in
the core.

Joerg