cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Past, present and future of the maven build
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:32:52 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Ok, then:
>>     + core-blocks - cforms
>>                   - cauth
>>                   - ctemplate
>>
>> :)
>

> Hehehe :-)
>
> Problem is last attempt at categorizing blocks was a failure;

Especially from a community standpoint IMNSHO. The fact is that some of
the blocks represent the current community standpoint about what is best
practices and are actively maintained and other blocks don't. And I'm
certain that most of the people active on this list know what blocks
that are a safe bet when building applications. But we don't give the
new user much hints about that, and that is IMO bad.

> and
> conclusion was to have a flat blocks hierarchy: no core blocks, no
> 'non-core' blocks, etc. Block is a block is a block.

The conclusion was flat blocks hierarchy, that is correct. But we
decided to provide meta data for:

community: committed|supported|deprecated|core
interfaces: stable|unstable
implementation: stable|unstable

/Daniel