cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: JING Transformer...
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:41:50 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> Just so you know, if Cocoon Forms is still marked unstable I'll be
>> voting -1.
>

> Does it mean Cocoon should go without release for a year? Would you
> still vote -1 if CForms is not marked stable after 2 years? 3?

Yes. Cocoon without a stable and supported forms framework is a
hinderence to its adoption and simply gives people an excuse to run off
and use JSF or something besides Cocoon.  Also, we have lots of folks
using the current implementation. We need to be at the point that we
guarantee them that we won't be making incompatible changes at every
release.

> I don't get it. We should do releases *more* often, not less.

True. On the 2.1.x branch this means primarily improvement in quality.
On trunk it is primarily improvement in functionality/usability.  Now we
have many blocks on 2.1.x that are marked unstable and it isn't a
problem. But when you look at what we consider the "cocoon core" CForms
is ALWAYS included. How can Cocoon be considered stable if one of its
core components is unstable?

It can't.

> Vadim

Ralph