cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VariableResolver
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:00:17 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Sure, it totally makes sense. Now I'm wondering if we really need this
>>to be components. Will there ever be more than one implementation?
>>

>The current implementation in the treeprocessor is not usable outside
>the treeprocessor (at least it wasn't at the time the portal needed it).

Don't know when you added it to the portal, but I've been using it here
and there (e.g. CVSSource) for a very long time. Anyway...

>Now the variable resolver needs some infrastructure (mainly the service
>manager), therefore it could make sense to make a component out of just
>because of this.

That's a good point. Having to pass the service manager and object model
around is a pain and may justify componentization.

However, that component would be declared in cocoon.xconf (or even
cocoon.roles) when it may need components defined locally in the current
sitemap (e.g. input modules). How can we solve that?

Sylvain