cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r264119 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/AbstractTextSerializer.java src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/CIncludeTransformer.java status.xml
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:56:02 GMT

Well, I won't rephrase Vadim here :-)

>>Is it architectural elegance, or separation of concerns which leads to
>>have each component to a single task so it can be reused in a number of
>>different contexts?
>>

>Or FS? :)

Despite the smiley, I strongly disagree here. FS is when one wants to
add too much features to a single component, which leads it to be overly
complicated in code, configuration and usage.

What we need here is a simple transformer that does a very specific task
on the SAX stream, and that can be used wherever that task is needed,
which can be at any place in a pipeline: after a transformer, before a
serializer or why not after a generator to cleanup files.

So it's not FS, but a simple but useful transformer.

Sylvain