cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repost from users list: Cforms Repeater - Cancel delete action via javascript
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:46:39 GMT
Christoph Hermann wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
>
>Hello,
>

>>>Yes your right, but thing is that the action does not trigger the
>>>validation process. I tried form.validate() and
>>>form.endProcessing(true); and didn't success, and i don't have the time
>>>atm to investigate this any further. What i'd like to do is to trigger a
>>>validationError if the wrong row shall be deleted.
>>>

>>Then you can simply call someWidget.setValidationError(...) from within
>>your event listener.
>>

>Well this is actually what is not working.
>If i do a repeater.setValidationError(...); in my "normal" action, i do
>not get any validation error (as written in the docs: "When an action
>widget was activated, validation will not be performed. ...").

Well, although a repeater, as every widget, can have a validation error,
there's no associated presentation defined for it in the styling
stylesheets, which explains why you don't see the error!

You should either set the validation error on a field (which knows how
to display it) or add a <ft:validation-error id="myrepeater"/> somewhere
in the page template.

>Even when calling form.validate(); (This is what i did).

form.validate() validates the whole form by calling each widget's
validators. This isn't what you want to do here.

Sylvain