cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:19:52 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Agree about that as well ;) Carsten seem sometimes to assume that
> major changes imply breaking stuff, I don't think that have to be the
> case. Working carefully and incremental steps reduces the risk. But of
> course, anyone can make mistakes and we of course must allow that.

I don't know how much maven 2 differs from maven 1, but I am sure that
switching to maven 1 would have required breaking the current build,
primarily because things have to be moved around. Blocks need to be
split up so that the samples can be built separately from the block
itself.  I'm also pretty sure that the output of the samples will need
to be more than a simple jar as we will most likely need to write our
own plugin to take all the samples and merge them together to create a
single working webapp.

>> We seem to have fairly little collective energy at the moment [1], so
>> it might be wiser to make sure there is enough energy to complete the
>> job (or at least bring things to an usable state again) in a
>> reasonable timeframe before breaking things.

I think it is more a lack of time than energy.  I've been very
frustrated for months at how little time I have to spend on Cocoon.

Ralph