cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VariableResolver
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:30:03 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Sure, it totally makes sense. Now I'm wondering if we really need this
> to be components. Will there ever be more than one implementation?

The current implementation in the treeprocessor is not usable outside
the treeprocessor (at least it wasn't at the time the portal needed it).
Now the variable resolver needs some infrastructure (mainly the service
manager), therefore it could make sense to make a component out of just
because of this.
But Sylvain is right, that we will have only one implementation, so
there is no need to make a component from that pov.
Actually I don't care how it is done :)

Ralph Goers wrote:
> If it is an older copy then what does "moving the code from the portal
> to the core" mean?  Does the core already contain all the same
> functionality and the portal version should just be removed?  I'll be
> happy to do it if I know what to do.
The core is the most recent version. The "only thing" that has to be
done is remove the code from the portal and make the core version usable
and use it then in the portal (or whereever).

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/