cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Hermann <christoph.herm...@guschtel.de>
Subject Re: Repost from users list: Cforms Repeater - Cancel delete action via javascript
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:16:15 GMT
Sylvain Wallez schrieb:

Hello,

>> Maybe the Cocoon Code c(sh)ould be changed to make this possible?
>> Imho it would be very "natural" to allow the javascript to cancel the
>> action.
>> And it shouldn't be too difficult to implement this.

> I thought about it as well, but it's not as easy as it seems though. The
> moment where the event listeners are called depends on the action type
> [...]
> So allowing event listeners to cancel the action would require to change
> this behaviour, which was designed to allow listeners to take
> complementary actions to the main one.
>
> In the end, my opinion is that if conditional action is needed, then
> it's better to write the few corresponding lines in a regular fd:action
> that has no built-in behaviour like row-actions and repeater-actions do.

Yes your right, but thing is that the action does not trigger the
validation process. I tried form.validate() and
form.endProcessing(true); and didn't success, and i don't have the time
atm to investigate this any further. What i'd like to do is to trigger a
validationError if the wrong row shall be deleted.

Christoph