cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:09:59 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 30 août 05, à 13:38, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>

> I see your point - but I'm not too sure about the "motivating people by
> breaking the build" bit.

I'm not sure either, but it could be ;) In general, people start to get
involved into open source more easily if something is not working as
expected. As soon as you have a perfect open source project, noone is
really interested in changing things.

> We seem to have fairly little collective energy at the moment [1], so
> it might be wiser to make sure there is enough energy to complete the
> job (or at least bring things to an usable state again) in a reasonable
> timeframe before breaking things.

The advantage is that 2.2 is not really used anyway, so 2.1.x is still
working - I know that this argument is against the argument from above
(if noone is using 2.2 noone will be motivated etc.) Now I think I have
some energy to spend on this subject, but I want only spend as much
energy as needed - and not more. So directly doing stuff on the trunk
reduces the energy needed to get it done :)

Anyways, I will try to come up with a status and todo stuff asap.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/