cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:38:32 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 30 août 05, à 11:49, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>>...BUT we really need people *doing* stuff and
>>not just talking. And if this breaks our build for trunk for some days,
>>who cares? Even better: a breaking build could perhaps motivate others
>>do actually do something :)...
>

> I'm all for a radical move to Maven for 2.2 if someone has enough time
> to complete it. But I'm drowning in stuff at the moment and won't be
> able to help much.
>
> Maybe experimenting in a branch before actually doing it would avoid
> breaking the build for too long, but as usual whoever does the job gets
> to decide exactly how to do it.

I think if do it in a branch or still support the old way, this very
soon will be a one man show as noone has an itch to scratch in this
area. As soon as the build is not working, people care about it and try
to help - ok, at lest that's the theory about it :) Now, if we do it in
a branch I fear we end up with a one man show.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/