cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Using Maven to build Cocoon
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:59:07 GMT
Ok, let's start with a simple description on how to get m2 build running
for Cocoon trunk. Actually, it's not that easy :)

First you have to install m2 latest from SVN, the alpha-3 does NOT work
for us! You'll find a description on how to do this here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/developers/building.html
(This will take some time and requires a network connection).
(A beta-1 release is planned for the next week)

Then you can build the cocoon-core jar by going into the
COCOON_HOME/core directory and invoking "m2 install". For the first time
this requires a network connection as well to download the dependencies.

Then switch to the COCOON_HOME/webapp directory and invoke "m2 war:war"
to build the webapp.
Note, in the future, you will be able to invoke m2 directly from the
COCOON_HOME directory and get a running webapp, but that's currently not
working.
Now you can startup Jetty. Set the JETTY_WEBAPP environment variable to
COCOON_HOME/webapp/target/cocoon-webapp-2.2-SNAPSHOT and then start
Jetty using "cocoon servlet".

That's all.

You can start up m2 with "-o" to run m2 offline, so no network
connection is required, once all jars are downloaded.

I suggest that everyone interested starts doing these steps and gets a
little bit familiar with m2 - there is not much documentation available
yet. I'll post further information during the day.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/