cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:49:34 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Carsten, the magic formula is talking and coding, just talking does
> obviously not lead anywhere, just coding leads to one man shows, lack of
> community involvement and solutions that doesn't take the knowledge of
> the rest of the community into account.

Very, very, true, indeed.

> I think we are a couple of people who are interested in the move to m2,
> write a mail about what needs to be done and what problems you are
> facing so that it becomes possible to the rest of us to take part in the
> work.

Sure'll do that - in fact it is already partially written. I planned to
send it later today anyway. BUT we really need people *doing* stuff and
not just talking. And if this breaks our build for trunk for some days,
who cares? Even better: a breaking build could perhaps motivate others
do actually do something :)
Have a look at the ongoing discussion of separating samples from the
blocks which started, don't know, several months ago. This is a rather
simple task, but nothing happened yet.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/