cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:15:09 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> The core of today is large and monolithic and mixes basic framework
> infrastructure with application components. IMO we should move out as
> much as possible from the core so that it consist of the tree
> interpreter, component handling, basic interfaces and components that
> are needed to implement the framework. The rest should go to blocks.

Yepp.

> Seem like a technical question that we could solve in better ways than
> putting everything in core or using xslt as template language instead of
> jxtg.
>
> The fact is that blocks.properties sucks badly, we need a build system
> that take block dependencies into account. When we could add whatever
> dependencies needed for the "basic Cocoon sample block" and then you
> just need to say that you want to build that.

Agreed. Now, the m2 build works for the core now, you get a running
Cocoon core. Imho we should *now* forget about the ant script and start
rearranging the core for the m2 build. This will break our complete
build for some days or weeks, but I fear otherwise we are just talking
about things and never doing anything :)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/