cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r264119 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/AbstractTextSerializer.java src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/CIncludeTransformer.java status.xml
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:13:55 GMT
cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
> Add possibility to remove comments to all text based serializers and to cinclude transformer.

Do you really think serializers and cinclude transformer are a good place for
additional xml filtering logic? What if you want to indent included xml - is it
good idea to add this code into serializers & include transformer too? Or if you
want to drop all the whitespaces. Etc ad infinitum.

I'd think that separate filtering / cleaning transformer is a much cleaner
approach. WDYT?

Vadim