cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Readd jx or move template block to core
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:33:37 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> The current core uses jxtg in many places (junit tests

JUnit tests that use jxtg aren't really unit tests, they are functional
tests and should be placed in the htmlunit test area instead. Then the
functional tests should be an own block (bundle) and could depend both
on core, template and maybe other basic blocks. I would assume I am the
one that is responsible for most creating most functional tests as JUnit
tests. As soon as we get HtmlUnit in core (and I find some time) I will
port the functional tests for VPCs and blocks to HtmlUnit.

Are there other tests than mine that depends on JXTG?

> and a lot of the samples).

Upayavira talked about separating out the samples to separate blocks,
then the core samples could depend on Template, CForms and maybe other
basic blocks. I'm not certain that "pure" core samples makes that much
sense anyway.

> Currently they are all broken if you just build core which is
> imho bad.
> So can we readd the jxtg until the template block is mature enough?

The template block is mature enough to replace the functionality of the
original jxtg and I'm definitvely -1 on having two code bases for the
same functionality.

> Or can we move the template block to core?

No, I think we should remove things from core not add them. That said,
there are parts of Template that should be added to core especially the
expression language abstraction. But I would prefer to have some
community feedback on the interfaces or even better that someone
provided e.g. a JS expression language implementation to see if the
interfaces are good enough. OTH if that not is going to happen we could
as well move them to core and start to use them instead of the direct
usages of JXPath and Jexl in core.

> Or do we want to move all samples to the block?

To the core-samples block that depends on JXTG.

/Daniel