cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: caching pipeline and SourceValidity
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:21:02 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm a bit confused with the source validity coming from a cocoon caching pipeline. Apparently,
there is none, so it doesn't make it into the cache in Cocoon Forms. I ran into this problem
developing my library cache. If I gave the source resolver a filesystem path, it was fine.
If I gave it a uri with the cocoon protocol which pointed to a caching pipeline (org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline),
source.getValidity() was null. Did I do something wrong?

A caching pipeline can return a null validity if one of its components
is not cacheable. What's in the pipeline you point to?

Sylvain