cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject JUnit Tests and maven status
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:20:34 GMT
Yesterday I ran our junit tests just to find out the some of the do not
succeed :( I fixed the ones in core, about from the virtual pipeline
generator test (as reported). There are still several tests failing in
the blocks.

Now, I'm wondering whats the use of failing test cases is? If we just
ignore failing test cases we can delete them right away. It doesn't make
any difference. So I think we should really start fixing them - if noone
has time, we should do it at the GT hackathon :)

We have to fix them anyway because Maven will run them directly after
compilation before creating the jar and if the tests fail you don't get
a jar. (Of course you can tell Maven to skip tests or to ignore
errors/failures). So as soon as we are using Maven we will get annoyed
by failing test case very quickly.

Now, the actual migration to m2 is continuing very slowly. Actually we
have the initial configuration for maven to compile the core and build
the webapp just containing the core. Actually this was very easy.
Unfortunately there are some minor bugs in m2-alpha3 which makes it
impossible to use for us without restructuring a repository. The alpha3
version was not able to handle non java files in the src tree.
This is fixed in the current svn, but unfortunately :) the current svn
of m2 is not that stable, it has some other minor problems that have to
be fixed before we can use m2. But the maven community and especially
Brett is very helpful and we hope to have things sorted out by next week.
I'm trying to implement some things for m2 and plan to do a anteater
plugin (if that is not available yet).

So hopefully we have next week a version that compiles the core code,
runs the junit tests,(on successful testing) package this into the core
jar and builds the webapp with the core and all jars.
When we have this we have to decide/plan how to continue from there. We
need a solution for several things, like how to deal with samples (how
can you exclude them etc.), how to deal with javadocs and so on.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/