cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching pipelines broken in trunk?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:08:20 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> I've just upgraded an application to the latest version of trunk and the caching
> pipes have stopped to work. AFAICS, getValidity() is never called.
>
> Any ideas?

I just checked the caching in trunk for the welcome page and that works
as expected. The getValidity() method of a pipeline component is only
called if the validity object can't check its validity by itself. Each
validity object has two methods: isValid() and isValid(new validity).
If the first one returns valid then the second one is never called and
therefore the getValidity() method is not called. This reduces
unnecessary actions of the pipeline component.

For example the file generator and the xslt transformer use file
validity objects that are able to detect if the file has changed without
the need to create a new validity object.

If you set the logging to debug, you should see debug methods about
usage of the cache.

HTH
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de