cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: flow - java.util.Object[] {something} causes syntax Error
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:41:37 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 16:45 -0500, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>AFAIK, Thorsten already tried eval() and does not work. :-(
>>

> Yeah, Antonio is right.
>
> The eval() gives "Calling eval() with anything other than a primitive
> string value will simply return the value. Is this what you intended?".
>
> ...and that is not what I was intended. ;-)

Hmm, you're right, I just tried it myself and got the same thing.
eval() must be broken in Rhino.

Another possibility: use the "new Function(string)" constructor to
create a function from a string and then call it, for example:

   var evalFunc = new Function("string of JS code to evaluate here");
   evalFunc();

If you want to pass particular arguments to it you can do that too; more
details at
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Objects:Function#Created_By