cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to invalidate a caching coplet?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:54:46 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before revision r232769 of CachingURICopletAdapter.java we used to
> invalidate a CachingURICoplet with the following code snippet:
>
> // We have to reset our state
> cid.setAttribute(org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.adapter.impl.CachingURICopletAdapter.CACHE_VALIDITY,

>         org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.adapter.impl.CachingURICopletAdapter.CACHE_INVALID);
>
> How to do it now? CACHE_VALIDITY has disappeared.
>
> Any input will be appreciated.

The CACHE_VALIDITY information is redundent, so I removed it. You can
invalidate the cache with
cid.removeAttribute(org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.adapter.impl.CachingURICopletAdapter.CACHE)

Now, I see that this is an incompatible change, but unfortunately the
current solution is still wrong. As the cache information should not be
persistent, it has to be stored in the temporary attributes of the
coplet instance data. I will change this in the next days.

Imho as this is a bug, I think it doesn't make sense to keep
compatibility. I will update the status file accordingly. Now if you
want to have compatibility we could keep the old implementation using a
different class name (DeprecatedCachingCoplet or something like that).

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/