cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slightly OT: Eclipse is acting up with SVN on OS X. Please help.
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:17:47 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> What kind of error? With that combination I had problems whenever my

The error is highly informative: 'Problems opening perspective
....svnPerspective' and 'Plug-in ...subclipse.ui was unable to load
class ....SVNPreferencesPage'. :-(

However, looking in the log file I found this:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 1 2005-08-20 21:05:56.943
!MESSAGE Plug-in org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui was unable to load
class org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.decorator.SVNLightweightDecorator.
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.decorator.SVNLightweightDecorator
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:403)
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:350)

> project directory was a symlink. For instance, I normally place my
> Cocoon working directory under workspace/apache/cocoon/trunk or similar,
> but Eclipse insists on having the project right under "workspace", so I
> figured I could dupe it with a symlink. This works well as long as you
> don't try to do an update or a commit with subclipse.

No, I don't do it like that. I hate having my code tucked away in
'workspace', so I create a /projects directory at the toplevel (both in
Windows and Mac) under which all projects are (e.g. /projects/cocoon,
/projects/trunk, /projects/myprojects).

It worked before. Reading Mark's reply I also assume it's the Subclipse
plugin version. I'll experiment and report back.

Thanks.

Bye, Helma