cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon stacktraces in trunk.
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:03:55 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>> Ugo Cei wr
>> Hmm... nothing fancy in this XSL, except the use of exslt... It was
>> quickly hacked though, so if you can come up with something nicer,
>> just do it!
>>

> Here's the error I get:
>
> Error on line 61 of file:/Users/ugocei/Projects/Pulse/src/webapp/
> stylesheets/exception2html.xsl:
>   Cannot find a matching 2-argument function named {http://exslt.org/
> strings}split()
> Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported
>
> Actually, the line with "split" seems to be 60 and not 61:
>
>   <xsl:for-each select="str:split(ex:message, '&#10;')">
>
> Which looks kosher according to http://exslt.org/str/functions/split/
> index.html but Saxon does not support the EXSLT string module, it
> seems: http://exslt.org/str/functions/split/index.html

The extlt.org page is outdated, but the Saxon doc is clear about that:
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/exslt.html

Too bad, the string module in exslt is my favourite :-(

> The only compatible solution I see is replacing the call to str:split
> with a recursive template. I'm not sure this is worth doing, as I can
> work around the issue by using Xalan in my error pipelines.
>
> WDYT?

Well, standard is the way to go as we can't assume everybody will want
to deploy Xalan just to have error pages.

Sylvain