cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standardizing resources in jars (was Re: [Proposal] Switch to Maven NOW)
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:41:12 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Thursday 18 August 2005 19:19, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>

>>>AFAICT, the specification (R3) does not require the returned URL to be
>>>globally resolvable,
>>>

>>If you mean globally resolvable within the current OSGi instance I
>>interpret 4.23.3.11 in the spec as that the returned URL should be
>>resolvable in any bundle that has the right AdminPermission.
>>

>I mean "Globally" as serialize the URL to a String, send it by mail to another
>OSGi instance on the other side of the planet to an OSGi instance (which have
>the protocol(s) installed) and open the stream.
>
>I don't think that is required, which means that a jar:file:/// URL could be
>returned by the framework.
>Note that Oscar doesn't have the org.osgi.service.url installed by default, so
>it does not use bundle: AFAICT.

Yes it does. Now that may just be because of a cross-pollination between
Felix (formerly known as Oscar) and KF. And Felix also defines a
"module" protocol which gives access to resources within the current
bundle (AFAIU, a "module" in Felix is a bundle instance).

>OT -->  Hopefully improve our (esp your) understanding, which somewhere down
>the line probably pays off in better stuff in Cocoon :o).

Yup! For my particular case, it required me to dig in the spec and cross
check my understanding in implementations!

Sylvain