cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [JCR Block] Viewing content of properties and last modified
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:12:33 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> You cannot access them directly with the JCRNodeSource, which is
>>> meant to represent file-like abstractions which are mapped to nodes.
>>

>> wouldn't it make sense to actually implement this for JCR source?
>> I mean extend it to JCR properties.
>

> In my sandbox, I implemented InspectableSource in JCRNodeSource
> (I already posted a message some time ago).

can you send that to me that I can give it a try

> How do you imagine providing access to the properties?
>
> Property getProperty(...) {
>     return getNode().getProperty(...);
> }
>
> doesn't add much value ...

what do you mean by doesn't add much value?

>>> Now such a source, you can get the corresponding Node and then do
>>> whatever you want with it.
>>

>> yes, I can list all nodes by using the TraversableGenerator, but I
>> think it
>> would make sense it the the JCR Source in combination with the
>> "FileGenerator"
>> would allow to get the content of a JCR property, e.g.
>>
>> <property name="" value="">
>> </property>
>

> That could probably be implemented using an
> "InspectableTraversableGenerator"
> or something like that ...

Well, I think it would make sense to stick to the source and map nodes
onto collections and properties onto resources.

But yes, as an alternative we could write a specific JCR Generator.

But one of the main questions probably is, can we (Cocoon community)
agree on something. At the moment it seems to me that only Sylvain's
company and
the Lenya community is using the JCR source, but want to use it in different
ways, right?

No offense, but it seems to me that the current JCR Source isn't very
useful,
beside being able to list all the nodes, or am I missing something?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner