cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Standardizing resources in jars (was Re: [Proposal] Switch to Maven NOW)
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:49:01 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> Additionally, we should have a system-defined URI which allows
>> clients to fetch these resources, implemented in the root sitemap:
>> <map:match pattern="_cocoon_/*/**">
>>  <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}"/>
>> </map:match>
>> By standardizing this URI pattern, we can easily solve
>> cross-referencing problems among resources, e.g. CForms XSLs having
>> to produce <script src="..."/> to load the JS files, etc.
>> This URI pattern could even be written **_cocoon_/*/** to be
>> location-independent so that we don't have to mess around with
>> {request:contextPath}.
> This is a good idea with one small "but": <map:match
> pattern="_cocoon_/*/**"> should be the last pipeline definition to
> make overriding in subsitemaps as easy as possible.

Yep. In which case **_cocoon_/*/** (location-independent) may be better
to allow local overrides in some subsitemaps or sub-applications. The
standard implementation of this URI could also be written:

<map:match pattern="**_cocoon_/*/**">
  <map:act type="resource-exists" src="context://resources/{2}/{3}">
    <!-- resource overriden by the application -->
    <map:read src="context://resources/{2}/{3}"/>
  <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{2}/resources/{3}"/>