cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Switch to Maven NOW
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:09:51 GMT
Actually I'm a little bit tired of the ongoing Maven discussion.
Why can't we just switch the trunk to Maven NOW? Who really cares if
trunk is not buildable/working for the next days until the switch is
finished?

So I propose to:
- Completly remove the lib directory
- Create a sub project core in the trunk directory
  I think we will use several (sub) projects, one for the core,
  one for the webapp etc. and use Mavens multiproject feature.
- Move src/java to core/src/java
- Create a Maven project description with all dependencies for core

Et voila, we will get a cocoon.jar hopefully.
Then we create a webapp subproject, move the webapp there and build
a webapp with just the core.

And then we continue from there, moving test, moving samples etc.
On thing at a time. And we can always ask the maven guys for assistence
and hints.

Ah, and finally, I think we should start right away with m2.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/